From a recipe used in Belén’s first grade class, courtesy of the wonderful Mrs. Stone
- 1 pkg yeast
- ¼ cup oil
- 1¼ cups warm water
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs
- 5 – 5 ½ cups flour
- In large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water with a little bit of sugar.
- Stir in sugar, oil, beaten eggs and 1½ cups flour.
- Stir in salt. Slowly add 3½ – 4 cups flour to make a soft dough.
- Put the dough on a floured surface and knead until smooth, about 5 – 10 minutes.
- Cover dough and let rise until doubled, about 1 ½ – 2 hours.
- Punch dough down, form into a loaf, and place on a greased cookie sheet. Let rise until almost doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 350 for 25 – 30 min. Let cool and enjoy!