Fancy Roasted Potatoes
- 3 lbs thin-skinned potatoes (ie, Yukon Gold)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Slice the bottom off each potato and cut crosswise at 1/8 intervals. Don’t cut all the way through – leave about 1/4″ before the bottom. I usually place the potato in a large serving spoon and cut down to the edges of the spoon.
- Place the potatoes in a roasting pan, drizzle with the oil, salt and pepper and shake to coat thoroughly. Make sure the potatoes are cut side up before you put the pan in the oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until tender and crisp on top.
Adapted from Ina Garten’s Rosemary Roasted Potatoes.