- 1 1/2 cups + 3 tbs all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 5 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Starting with flour, add dry ingredients together in a greased 8″ square baking pan and mix well. Combine wet ingredients in a small mixing bowl or large cup. Add to dry ingredients and mix well until smooth.
- Bake on the middle rack of oven for 35 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool and remove from pan.
- Eat as is or top with frosting
I made a double layer version of this by doubling the recipe and baking it in 2 9″ round pyrex dishes. I frosted it with vegan buttercream and topped that with fresh blueberries.