Paella de Marisco
- 8 prawns
- 2 squid or cuttlefish in rings
- 500 gr/1.1 lb of clams and/or mussels
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tomato, peeled and grated
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cups of rice
- 4 1/2 cups of fish stock
- 8-10 saffron threads
- Heat the olive oil in the pan and fry the prawns until slightly browned. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add the tomato to the same hot oil and fry slightly. After a few minutes, add chopped garlic and fry over medium heat. When the tomato starts to brown, stir in the squid, clams and mussels.
- Stir in the stock and the saffron and bring to a boil. Add the rice, distribute it evenly and then leave it along to cook for a few minutes. Arrange the prawns on top of the rice in a decorative pattern.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and cook for 8-10 minutes, rotating and swirling the pan to distribute the heat evenly. Reduce heat to a minimum and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Let stand for about 5 minutes before serving.