- 750g all-purpose and bread flour, in a 50/50 mix
- 495g water
- 22.5g salt
- 15g oil
- 1g dry active commercial yeast
- Mix flour & salt in a large steel mixing bowl. Form a depression in the center.
- In another bowl, mix 68°F water, yeast, and oil. Make sure the yeast is dissolved, then pour into the flour.
- Slowly mix by hand and work out the flour lumps very gently. Once it starts to come together and is still shaggy, cover and rest for 45 minutes at room temperature. Afterwards move to floured surface preferably stone.
- Hand mix the dough by folding it onto itself over and over for about 5 minutes (or until very smooth). Cover and set aside for 1 hour.
- Divide and ball. Cover and refrigerate for 24-72 hours.
Yields about 7 250g doughballs