Skip to content
Pumpkin Coconut Pudding
- 14 oz can of regular coconut milk (not light)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- Add 1/2 cup of the coconut milk together with the cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, vanilla, and cornstarch to a bowl and whisk thoroughly until all ingredients are well-mixed and smooth.
- Pour the remainder of the coconut milk into a small saucepan and add the pumpkin puree, sugar, and salt and whisk until smooth. Heat a medium fire under the pan and stir until mixture begins to bubble. Reduce heat to low and add first coconut milk and spice mixture. Whisk constantly until mixture thickens.
- Spoon into individual dishes or a large serving bowl, cover and chill until set.
- Optional: Top with whipped cream, bits of crystallized ginger and gingersnap crumbs just before serving