Squash or Sweet Potato Soup
Makes about 10 cups or 2 1/2 quarts of soup.
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 1/4 lbs of sweet potato or orange squash squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 cups water or chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cups canned regular coconut milk
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp of coriander
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- Add oil to a 3 quart pot and saute onions, coriander, salt and pepper over medium-low heat.
- Add squash or sweet potatoes after a onions begin to turn translucent and mix well. Saute for a few more minutes.
- Add coconut milk and broth, bring to a boil and simmer uncovered until squash or sweet potatoes are tender. Blend smooth with an immersion blender and enjoy!
Use water instead of chicken broth to make this soup vegan.
Adapted heavily from this (also very delicious but complimicated, fancy) recipe. We’ve enjoyed with tomatillo salsa, corn relish, all kinds of hot sauces, sour cream and more.