Notes from the Kitchen:
- 3/4 ounce of simple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Key lime juice
- 2 sprigs yerba buena
- 2 ounces of sparkling mineral water, plus more
- 3 ice cubes
- 1.5 ounces white rum
- Put the simple syrup, lime juice, and hierbabuena in a tall glass. Add a splash of mineral water. Gently squish the stems with a wooden spoon.
- Pour in 2 ounces of mineral water, add 3 ice cubes, and then add 1.5 oz of rum.
- Make more than one and enjoy with a friend on a hot, summer day.
The flavors will be different but spearmint can be substituted for yerba buena and 1.5 tsps of sugar can be substituted for simple syrup. If you use spearmint, don’t squish the stems as they will leave a bitter aftertaste.